Thursday, December 16, 2010

Traditions Begin

This is the second Christmas Min has been home with us. He is 3 1/2 and we are enjoying the holiday season more than ever. Here he is making cut-out cookies with his daddy.
Things are new and exciting in our household as we count down the days until Christmas morning. Every day we practice the ritual of adding a new addition to our advent calendar made by Gramma. We also "open the window" every day on the chocolate advent calendar given to Min by our extended family. We love Elf on the Shelf, and every morning we hunt for the new resting spot of Santa's helper. We have visited 2 Santa's with no question as to why there is more than one. That will probably come next year.
I relish all these moments as my little boy gets bigger and bigger. 3 is such a great age as he explores his world, learns new things, and makes us laugh all day long.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't this the best times ever?? My son just turned 4 and this is the first year that he's actually 'asked' for everything he sees on the NickJr commercials! "I *need* that Mama" he'll say. I simply can not wait until Christmas morning!!
    Here's to new traditions and finally being mommies!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until I can fill my house with holiday traditions. That is so wonderful Cherish them.

    ReplyDelete