Sunday, December 26, 2010

Perfect Moment Monday



We have been talking about resurrecting our skiing skills thanks to good friends who go skiing every week in the winter. They sealed the deal by getting us lift passes for Christmas. No turning back now.


This morning my brother called because he wanted to take the kids sledding, Min and his 2 girls, A (5 yrs) and C (2 yrs). I hate being cold. In fact, I despise it. He asked if I wanted to go with him and my immediate reaction was, ugh.


But Min has never been sledding before. How could I miss it? Just having showered I hurriedly dried my hair and raced down to the basement to try and find my ski gear (snow pants, warm gloves, thermals). Booya. They were right where I put them when we moved in 2 1/2 years ago.


I got all dressed and helped Min get into his gear. We were off. The three kids sat in the backseat excited to get on the hill. Having no fear Min hopped on the sled and down he went. We were on a smaller hill which was perfect for a first-timer.


He and I rode on a sled together. I loved hearing his roaring laugh. I wish I could have seen his face, but I was behind him making sure we did not tip over.


Despite the freezing temperatures it was great to be outside- something I do not do enough of. Now that I have placed my winter gear I will be ready to brave the ice and make snow angels when Min wants to make a snowman tomorrow.

Leave it to my brother who is a giant kid at heart to make me feel young again. Christmas morning we pulled into his driveway and there stood a giant snowman with hat and twig arms and an igloo snow fort. He is living out his childhood all over again with his 2 girls. I have learned a lot from him about how to be a good parent. I always knew he would be a good dad, but it has been amazing to watch him raise these 2 girls. Heartwarming is probably a better term.


Many perfect moments rolled into a 40 minute sledding experience. New for mommy and my baby boy.




Visit Write Mind Open Heart for more Perfect Moments.

8 comments:

  1. I haven't written mine yet but our perfect moments were very similar. It sounds like y'all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to spend Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that sounds like a wonderful afternoon!! I can't wait to do this with my little one!!

    I hope your 2011 is filled with Joy and Happiness!
    Happy ICLW
    #50

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a fun sled!

    I'm like you in that I despise the cold. But anytime I'm able to put that aside and go sledding with kids, I end up having a blast.

    Wonderfully perfect moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, just stopping by for ICLW.

    What a magical moment that must have been, and such a fun 'first' for you both!

    Best wishes for 2011 and thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate the cold, too, so I'm always amazed at how much fun I can have with my kids when we're out playing. Sounds like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a lot of fun :) I have never been sledding before, let alone taken my kids, so I enjoyed hearing your story. We live in a climate that never sees snow. Thanks for letting me live vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you're a kid you don't feel the cold, do you? I used to go sledding when I was a little girl and I loved it!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete