Monday, December 20, 2010

ICLW December

Welcome. This is MMM's first time particpating in ICLW. I can also be found at
Parenthood for Me.

I decided to branch out and create a personal blog about motherhood after international adoption, the woes of infertility, life as a non-profit founder, and my life.
On the right side bar are some of my favorite posts. You can learn a little bit more about me and my journey to motherhood.

This is my husband of 7 years, AJ. We are currently celebrating our 10th Christmas together.



The day after our wedding in our first home.


My son, Min at 3 months. Amazingly enough when this picture was taken we did not know he existed. We were matched with Min when he was 8 months old. I love that we have pictures of him as a newborn and baby. We are very fortunate. Now he is 3 1/2 and we are loving every minute. Wow does he change so much every single day.
Here is my ICLW Speed Dating. Me in 60 second or less:

Occupation: REALTOR/ Office Manager at my father's real estate business (40 years strong in 2011)

Favorites: Shoes, decorating, reading, writing, music

What was cool when I was in Jr. High/ High School, '90-'96:
1) Smells Like Teen Spirit
2) Banana Republic T-Shirts
3) Pearl Jam- Alive
4) Wearing baggy jeans and flannels
5) Tevas
6) Esprit and Benetton
7) Dave Matthews Band
8) Playing euchre
9) 90210
Just to name a few...

First car: Red VW Golf

College: U of Delaware, Class of '00

Family: 1 older brother, sister-in-law, 2 nieces and of course my in-laws

Most important in life: Family, Friends, Health, Living everyday to the fullest

Favorite movies: Christmas Vacation (all year long), Atonement, P.S. I Love You, Crazy Heart to name a few...

Favorite Quote: "Wherever you go, go with your whole heart." - Confuscious

Biggest inspiration: My parents

Favorite thing about the holidays: Decorating my house, sharing lasting moments with friends and family, feeling like a kid again as my son begins to really get into Christmas, egg nog, the smell of pine and mint

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for visiting, become a follower and come back and take a read!

9 comments:

  1. Happy ICLW in your new digs! Nice to get to know the woman behind PFM...it is always special to see someone's inspiration for all the work they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a first time ICLW too and a new blogger. Your little boy looks gorgeous.

    I also have a healthy little boy, who I managed to get from IVF with PGD. I have a kind of muscular dystrophy and didn't want to pass it on.

    Good luck with your non profit work.

    Shona

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my first ICLW too (#110). I love finding happy parenting after infertility stories to give me hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's also my first ICLW! I read some of the links to your favorite posts and they were great (and a few tears were shed, I'll admit). I'm just starting down the road to international adoption. Nice to meet you! ICLW #66.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your introduction. Even as long as I've read your blogs, I still learned something new. Happy ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice new home for your mommy-posts!

    I'm a little older than you, but also LOVED Pearl Jam and Euchre in high school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Favorite Quote: "Wherever you go, go with your whole heart." - Confuscious

    Mine is similar, but different: "Wherever you go, there you are."

    ~Jem (ICLW #5)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the 60 second summary! I'm so glad you've been able to have a great Christmas with Min. :) ICLW.

    ReplyDelete